Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

hello, a light has come on in the diagnostics panel and my

hello, a light has come on in the diagnostics panel and my seat ibiza 1.6 diesel loses power when this happens and won't go over about 50 mph.. the light looks like an orange coil, do you have any advice? stephanie

Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

The light in question is malfunction indicator light.engine management warning - the reason it wont go over certain speed normally measn the cars in limp home mode..this means the cars ecu has detected a fault on the engine whether it be sensor related/wiring fault - injection/emissions system or component monitored by the ecu or controlled as such - obviously the only course of action here or advise even would be to have the vehicles ecu scanned for the relevent faults before you progress further to inspect anything or replace even..so that would really be about the best step id advise you to do from here..any good local garage or the one you had the service done at or good local mobile tech should be able to carry that out for you..and see whats found after the test..this saves wasting money on time and parts that dont require replacement and be in a better position wise knowing what needsto be carried out..if you do get the fault codes your more than welcome to come back here for any advice/help..so as above thats about the best advice on this one im afraid..I do hope this helps