Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My tiguan 2.0TDi 2009 cooling fan won't turn off. I have disconnected

My tiguan 2.0TDi 2009 cooling fan won't turn off. I have disconnected battery in desperation
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise..

Im afraid I don't have enough vehicle info from you to ID fuses etc...but that said, these are not normally fused.

The fault is 9 times out of ten, the Fan Control Module - that module does as it says, switches the fan off and on when needed - but when they go faulty - they can operate all the time - or not at all... yours appears then to be the former.

Most any good local garage can sort this for you -- They will check the relay first etc -and for any wiring shorts / faults - but again, replace the module as needed / found... using a smaller type garage would be a lot cheaper than using a dealer.

You have done the right thing so far by undoing the battery - otherwise it would have flattened it - You can use it meantime though / drive it to a garage - it wont do any harm as its running all the time - which is better than not coming on when needed..ie, it will keep the engine cool...

So thats the way forward on this one now...

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.