Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

the boot central locking wont open and close on my renualt

the boot central locking wont open and close on my renualt clio 02 the drivers door and passenger work and all fuses ok
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome... My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise...

Mike :

Are you able to open the boot / hatch at all ?

Customer:

yes it will open and close as normal just the central locking not working on it

Mike :

Okay... in that case, you have either a fault with the lock / solonoid itself or the wiring - can you hear it clicking at all when you operate the fob inside?

Customer:

no the passenger and drivers door works cos as u drive off it locks them but no noise frtom the boot at all , even when i try it from out side

Mike :

Ok, then the wiring is suspect at least first - if you open the tailgate you will see at the top - rubber tubing that comes from the roof of the car..you need to peel that open and check the wiring inside - often they break so you lose the circuit - they can be repaired as found... IF its not that - then you need to remove the inner panel on the tailgate and check the same inside..for any such issues.. check the earths as well that you will see and the block connectors.

Mike :

If all looks well - use a meter to test the solonoid for power - to it when you actuate the system...if it has power - disconnect it from the mech and check it - you are then looking to see if you have a seizing lock mech -or failed solonoid.

Mike :

One way or the other , that is the way on this to trace / cure this issue for you.

Mike :

Start by checking the wiring as above though - thats the common issue on these..

Customer:

ok will try all those thanking you for your time and expertise

Mike :

No problem at all - you know where I am if you need anything at all.... Please do click on the OK ratings for me at this point - Thank you very much ...and all the best with it.

Mike :

Please do click on the OK ratings before you leave as that is how Im credited for helping you - Thank you.