Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert

isuzu trooper citation 1999.anti theft alarm keeps going off.when

Customer Question

isuzu trooper citation 1999.anti theft alarm keeps going off.when the car is parked up and left
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you..

Im assuming this is a factory fitted system - as opposed to an aftermarket fitted one.

That being the case - so long as its not a fault with one of the door / body closure switches or wiring - often a "reset" - / reboot of the system will sort it out.

To do this - simply do this : Disconnect the battery both terminals.

Then - put the key in the on position .... Then , reconnect the battery and start the vehicle....

This will for sure reboot the system - see if that has cured it. All being well it will do - but - if not, you have a door / bonnet switch issue / fault...or wiring fault to one of these -and this then will find the fault ...Its a bit tedious - you have to check each one till you find the fault. Really - if it should come to this - a better way is to have a dealer or garage that has the right equipment - plug in diagnostic equipment.. that quickly scans the system and would pin point the fault quickly...

Those are the ways forward / options for you on this to get this issue sorted out for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello again - This is MIKE..

Im just following up with you as I have not had anything back from you -- Im wondering if you still need any more help or if all is ok now... please let me know if you do still need anything - or, if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to please click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - and I thank you for that.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.