Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

isuzu trooper citation 1999.anti theft alarm keeps going off.when

Customer Question

isuzu trooper citation 1999.anti theft alarm keeps going off.when the car is parked up and left
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you..

Im assuming this is a factory fitted system - as opposed to an aftermarket fitted one.

That being the case - so long as its not a fault with one of the door / body closure switches or wiring - often a "reset" - / reboot of the system will sort it out.

To do this - simply do this : Disconnect the battery both terminals.

Then - put the key in the on position .... Then , reconnect the battery and start the vehicle....

This will for sure reboot the system - see if that has cured it. All being well it will do - but - if not, you have a door / bonnet switch issue / fault...or wiring fault to one of these -and this then will find the fault ...Its a bit tedious - you have to check each one till you find the fault. Really - if it should come to this - a better way is to have a dealer or garage that has the right equipment - plug in diagnostic equipment.. that quickly scans the system and would pin point the fault quickly...

Those are the ways forward / options for you on this to get this issue sorted out for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again - This is MIKE..

Im just following up with you as I have not had anything back from you -- Im wondering if you still need any more help or if all is ok now... please let me know if you do still need anything - or, if we are done, per the way justanswer works, I do just need you to please click on the "OK ratings" for me at this point - and I thank you for that.

Kind Rgds, MIKE.