Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Hi I have a 60 plate Ford Kuga and i have had problems with

Hi I have a 60 plate Ford Kuga and i have had problems with the service oil warning light coming on but everything seems ok now I've had the engine malfunction light come on 3 times and caused the car to stall. i took it to the car dealer whom told me it was ok and removed the lights. they told me to drive it at a average speed for 2 miles and that should clear any fault, is this a common fault or should i take it to a garage to have it checked on a computer?
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will try and help.
Is the car a diesel? From the advice they have given you it sounds like the fault might be with the dpf system, I suspect it was showing you the warning lights as the soot filter was blocked. The fix for this is a spirited drive or a few miles up the motorway once the engine is hot.
It's quite normal and nothing to worry about.
Peter
It's been a couple of days and I see you have not rated my answer, is there anything further I can help you with? Please remember your rating is personal to me and is about my answer specifically as I don't get paid without your rating.
If I can be of further assistance please let me know.
Best regards
Peter