sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

Is it possible to fit a JVC KD-R451 car stereo so that it will

Is it possible to fit a JVC KD-R451 car stereo so that it will play with the car's ignition off?
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
Yes it is possible to wire this in so it will turn on all the time regardless of ignition position all you need to do when connecting it is to wire the red (A7 ACC wire) in to a permanent 12 volt feed, as this isn't going through the accessory circuit from the ignition switch then I would recommend fitting an in line fuse.
The permanent 12 volt feed can come from any source you could even connect it too the same source as the yellow wire for the units memory supply.
Below is a diagram of the unit connections to assist you.
graphic
I hope this helps but if I can advise further let me know and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thank you very much for your most helpful answer. Am I right in saying that in following your directions there would be no drain on the vehicle battery while the stereo is switched off?

Best wishes

Alan

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
no as long as the unit is switched off there should be no drain, the only problem is if you forget to turn it off then it will drain the battery if left for long enough.
Let me know if I can advise further.
Best wishes,
Sean.