Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a VW Polo X Reg Automatic. The EPC light comes on and

I have a VW Polo X Reg Automatic. The EPC light comes on and stays on each time I drive. Also the oil check light comes on occasionally although the oil has been topped up and regularly checked.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What normally causes the epc light to come on is a failed or failing wheel speed sensor, what normally causes the oil check light to come on is a failing oil pressure switch. Both of these failures are common on this vehicle. What i would suggest as a first step is to have all 4 wheel speed sensors and the oil pressure switch tested.