Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I am told that my rear lambda sensor on March 06 Santa Fe needs

I am told that my rear lambda sensor on March 06 Santa Fe needs replacing, fronts have been done but mechanic says he can't get rear ones from Hyundai. EML came on as I drove away from mechanic. is it ok to drive until I get a Hyundai dealer to fit rear ones?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If your refering to the downstream lambda sensor - normally these can be be aquired from the dealer be it that little bit more expensive i would imagaine they'd order them - might be worth trying local motor factors if prefered if these are truely at fault..normally it wouldnt be advisable to run the vehicle with faults in regards ***** ***** sensors as these primarily sense the exhaust gases to help trim/alter fuel/air ratios.if these are out of tolernace then it could effect emissions/the cat converter itself..it would be fine to use in the short period but i wouldnt leave it too long..it would be well worth finding out exactly what the ecu is seeing/live data "maybe a second opinion" as faulty just to be sure considering you had the front ones done and it hasnt helped - the catalyst hasnt gone faulty instead or you have another fault else where on the engine..I do hope this helps