Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

i have a nissan primera gx 2 litre auto the car goes through

Customer Question

i have a nissan primera gx 2 litre auto the car goes through the gears as normal but when i put it in reverse nothing happens. any ideas please as too what is wrong thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

If you have no reverse but all forward gears are working then you may have a bad selector switch that needs adjusting or replacing..

|A few issue could cause this ,Externally it could be a problem with the shift linkage.
The transmission line pressure is too low or the Line Pressure Solenoid (LPS) is bad.
A possible bad valve body problem also could cause this .
Check transmission malfunction codes ,the O/D light flashing will indicate a problem and stored a code.

You checked the fluid level with the engine running and in Park ..if low top up and retry the reverse ..

The fluid should be a nice red to a light brown and transparent .if a dark brown to black this will indicate internal malfunction .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg