Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi there i have a peugoet 206 3 door petrol car that has from

hi there i have a peugoet 206 3 door petrol car that has from time to time not started up after being driven a short time before. when driving it runs quite well ! if i stay in the car for a few mins i hear a "click" noise and what i can only describe as a cd resetting noise?? if i then re start the car its fine. last night the car would not start at all as if the batt was dead would not tick over at but all the lights working and horn. i took off the batt charged it over night and put it back on this morning. took car for a short drive turned off engine for ten mins or so restarted car same problem as before any ideas please ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a electrically failing ignition switch which will result in the problem that you are having. The switch will need to be tested and likely replaced.