Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

we have a suzuki vitara 1.6 4u soft top 1999 T reg engine management

Customer Question

we have a suzuki vitara 1.6 4u soft top 1999 T reg engine management light flashing no fuel coming trough tested the oms reading as per service manual and its way above manufactures spec is this an injector fault or someone said it could be imobalizer thanks Colin
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

What you have to do is check for diagnostic codes .
This will help you diagnose what has malfunctioned and stopping you from starting .
No good speculating what may be or mat not be you have to hook up a code reader or a scan tool to check for malfunction codes.

Please get a scan tool and check for codes then please get back to me with the codes if you need further assistance .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im very sorry but the answer you have given is no good to me at all it just means take it to a dealer and let them sort it i have said in my question to you that all the normal checks have been done fuel pressure spark oms reading to injector i was asking if you thought it was a case of the engine check light flashing was the problem or it was the injector faulty.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi colin .

Colin which engine do you have the 16v or the 8 valve engine .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It's the 8 valve

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Colin .

Check for codes as followed then get back to me with them .

graphic

graphic

Rgds Greg