Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Bought a 2004 Discovery II - 4.0L v8 Petrol - The following

Customer Question

Bought a 2004 Discovery II - 4.0L v8 Petrol - The following Warning Lights appear - [1]. M and S green lights appear intermittently at which time the Auto Gear position does not indicate on the dashboard Meter Panel. [2]. The ABS,TC and the picture of vehicle on decline - all these three 'amber' lights appear -intermittently.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Mike :

Hello and Welcome -

Mike :

This is a common fault with the Landrover model you have - but the actual fault / cause can be one of a few different things... really - you are going to need to start by having a plug in diagnostic test done on the OBD diag system... this will narrow the fault right down for you and save what can be literally hours of "manual" searching and testing..

Mike :

Usually its found to be one of the ABS sensors - or wiring to them at fault - but it can be any one or more of the four fitted- or a fault with the wiring / control unit - so you see the need for the above..

Mike :

You could if you were so inclined have a go at sorting this yourself - but to do so, you do need the plug in tool - have a look at this link HERE -- that is the way forward with this fault should you wish to do that ... otherwise, you will need a garage to at least run the diag tests for you - then repair it for you - or whatever you wish to do... but those are the ways forward for you on this to get this sorted for you now.

Mike :

Im very pleased to have helped / advised you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.

Customer:

Hi! Mike;

Customer:

Thanks for your response;

Customer:

I have taken the vehicle to the Agent is Sri Lanka. The ABS System fault appears to be a ''manufacturer's defect'' - During Warranty period they were requested to ''repair'' with installation of a repair kit. They would try it with my vehicle where I have to pay for the Repair Kit as the vehicle is now 10 years of age. With regard to the Transmission-Warning lights, I told them to firstly remove the Switch and service same. If the fault remains I propose to replace the Switch.

Customer:

Thank you once again.

Customer:

I will contact you again - regarding more problems I have, at the moment, with this Land Rover.

Customer:

Best Regards ***** *****

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

I managed to solve the problems as a result of another problem. The LR did not start neither the horn did not work. Although the 2 moth old battery was okay - green light appearing - the starter motor would not turn the engine. It was very simple. Cleaned the Battery Terminals and not only did the Engine start, ALL WARNING LIGHTS disappeared. I am mentioning this for your information for FUTURE REFERENCE which may be useful. The fault lies in the Battery wires not sending sufficient current to the ABS, the Mode Switch etc., it appears!

Thanks again.

ANOTHER QUESTION. My credit card has been debited firstly on 01 October with GBP 22 and ALSO AGAIN ON 08 October Transaction Date being '' MEMBERSHIP''. Could I have an explnantion. Is this a monthly fee. In Sri Lankan standards this appears quite high if it is monthly fee and if so I do not intend further payments next month. If it is an Annual Fee, it appears okay.