Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a 59 plate sprinter it is white and would like to no

Customer Question

I have a 59 plate sprinter it is white and would like to no what shade of white I need to touch up a dent
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

If you have your VIN number i can check what paint code you have - if you've gone by that already and the touch up shade is slightly differant against the body work - you need to have the exsisting body colour as it is now matched using colour swatches with the various shades of white they have that most automotive body shops have to ensure they get as close as possible to shade you have - original body paint normally becomes slightly darker or lighter etc/effected by the sun,elements thats why sometimes going by the actual paint code for touch up via the vin plate paint code isnt a good idea if you want touch up paint to blend in without it being noticed too much..like i say you need to take the van to the place you get the touch from and have them match,shade as best they can against the body colour as it is now to get the correct shade you require or as near as possible...I do hope this helps..If you require anything to ask anything then please continue before you rate.