Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

I have an Iveco Daily 35c15 2005. Revs freely and works normally

Customer Question

I have an Iveco Daily 35c15 2005. Revs freely and works normally until I get somewhere between 40 and 55mph. The engine then goes into limp mode until I say come to a roundabout and then limp mode disappears until gather speed again. Hooked to my mechanics computer and has an error of: Low Boost Pressure He has visually checked and everything seems to be working as it should, has vacuum/pressure tested for leaks etc and none apparent. Can anyone point me in the right direction for what needs replacing to fix problem?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I am happy to wait a couple more days for a response if possible. Thanks :-)

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

okay you have Low Boost Pressure, but can you give me the code you have so i can check this out for you .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

Thank you for your message. The error code that is coming up is: EGR:005C Low Boost Pressure. My mechanic tells me that this is a fairly generic code and could be a number of things and he hasn't managed to find an EGR valve anywhere. I have found that if I rev the engine hard in 4th and then put it in 5th then I can avoid limp mode and get the van up to 70 but as soon as the revs drop and then re-apply accelerator then it's in limp mode again. I would value your diagnosis on this as it's looking to me like a costly turbo replacement which I would like to avoid if at all possible. Thanks, Rob.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Your mechanic is getting the codes mixed up ,

P005C "B" Camshaft Profile Control Performance/Stuck Off

This will be the camshaft sensor on the exhaust side .

Have him check and test this ,this will but you into limp mode Turbo boost will not in most cases.

If you need further assistance with this issue then please let me know by getting back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg

Thanks for your answer. I ended up taking the van directly to Iveco and they found that the Solenoid for the turbo needed replacing so this was the problem after all. thanks again, Rob.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the update .

Please let me know in the next one to two weeks if the check engine light comes back on as this is strange for me that with the code you said you had turned out to be the Solenoid for the turbo

Unless you had the code P005E and not the P005C then this would explain the turbo boost control which could be the solenoid that failed .

Kind regards Greg