Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi this has happened twice now a couple of weeks part. But

Customer Question

Hi this has happened twice now a couple of weeks part. But while im driving around 60 my car starts to rev. It keeps its speed if i keep my foot down but if i slow down i cant pick up speed again. Once i stop and turn off engine its fine again when i restart. Can anyone advise please many thanks
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Is your check engine light ON when the engine is running .

Which engine is fitted .

Manuel or automatic
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No engine light is on and its a manual.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gillian .

Diesel or petrol .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Petrol

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gillian .

When driving at 60 and then the engine revs rise, but the speed of 60 stays.

How high do the revs get to when this happens

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi the revs reach 50 or just over and i naturally slow down then cant get speed up again without it revving. Not 100% sure if i actually loose power or just naturally slow down.

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Hi Gillian .

You sure your clutch is not slipping ??

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No i dont think so. It doesn't feel any different till it happens then just goes loud

Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Okay Gillian .

I will have to opt out and see if another expert has experiance this issue.

With this issue you have i need first hand testing with a scan tool and test drive .

Rgds Greg
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I’m a moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.
Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.