Mike
Mike, Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

When a turn the key on scooter there is no power. It will

When a turn the key on scooter there is no power. It will kick start, but when switched off I have to repeat cycle. I'm presuming it's the battery, but will this recharge fully if I take it for a long run.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** happy to help.

From what you describe, this is very likely the battery yes - It could be past its best though - and so a long drive may work/ it may not.

You can try that - or , you can have a local battery specialist or shop / supplier run a simple test on the battery for you - that will tell you for sure if its any good or not. If its gone too flat for whatever reason, a drive or a charge wont help as it either wont take it - or it will, but wont retain the charge...

So thats the best / quickest and sure way to find out and get this cured for you.

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meanwhile - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.