Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

my catalytic converter light is on my 2005 c180 coupe at 45000

my catalytic converter light is on my 2005 c180 coupe at 45000 klms ? would a cleaning agent sort it ?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Normally cleaning agents wont work - depending on the nature of the fault in regards ***** ***** cat converter or emissions fault - taking it off and cleaning has mixed results and normally ends up having it replaced anyway..what has to be done is a full diagnostic test/live testing as well as a exhaust gas machine on the car to see if this cat converter problem isnt a knock on effect from another fault like a missfire/injector fault or problems with the lambda sensors on the exhaust system that monitor the gases or even a leak in the exhaust system itself around the cat converter..so as above thats about the next step from here,proper testing before condeming the cat converter and buying a new one..I do hope this helps

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

sorted out

thank you