Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

Hi there, the company I work at is doing a vinyl wrap on a

Customer Question

Hi there, the company I work at is doing a vinyl wrap on a range rover evoque and we needed to remove the front headlight clusters to do a proper job, after disconnecting them we want to move the vehicle so tried to start the engine but when pressing the ignition button a loud click was heard and the engine didnt even turn over. the dash lit up and display numerous appernt faults that were not there before such as ABS fault, HDC fault and gearbox fault but they are known to be fine, could you please help at all?
thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Greg replied 3 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

You are going to need a dealer scan tool to reset all these faults .

On this vehicle you can not disconnect any electrical system with out disconnecting the battery first and waiting10 minutes before disconnecting lights ect.

A complete auto scan will have to be done then a system code clear carried out then system reset.

Don't worry you have not damaged anything, its just that the Rover management system is very delicate about parts being removed and replaced, it will all get recorded .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue .

Rgds Greg