Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

my 2004 kia cerato s engine management light flashes on and

Customer Question

my 2004 kia cerato s engine management light flashes on and off when the car has warmed up and the revs drop below 1000 but when i accelerate it goes off and the car runs fine ; as soon as i slow down again it comes back on --- any ideas what it could be and how much to sort it
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Hi .

Could be a number od issue that could cause this to happen , from a throttle position sensor to a MAF sensor .

The only realistic way to check for this issue is to have a scan tool hooked up to your diagnostic port.

This tool will check for malfunction codes and let you know what has failed ,this is way safer and cheaper than replacing part by just plain guessing ..

If you can get the use of a code reader and and post me the codes i could help you
with the cost of the repair .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue.

Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i actually clicked that i was HAPPY with the service !!!!!!!

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Rob .

Thank you for getting back to me and thank you for being honest Wink.

Please just rerate so i get credited and the black mark against me removed .

Thank you again Rob and need anything please look me up by clicking on my name .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i m very happy with the response . thank you

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
.Hi Rob .

Please get back to me if needed after getting the codes.

Be happy to continue with this issue .

Get back to me on this page and then there is not need to pay again for the same issue.

Rgds Greg