sean
sean, Technician
Experience:  UK based Ford Master Technician. Technician since 1984.
31670004

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 1.6 I have just returned after

I have a Ford Focus Titanium 1.6
I have just returned after 1 month away and I am unable to access the locks. I have tried both fobs but nothing happens. the red immobiliser light is still flashing on the dashboard.
Category: Car
Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I hope the following assists you.
As the car has been stood for a month it's likely the battery is very low, the LED doesn't require much power so this may still light up.
Try the emergency key blade in the driver's door to unlock this door, the emergency key blade is inside the key (assuming this has push button start) to get it out push the 2 small grooved retainers in at the thin end of the key, the Ford cover should come up so you can get hold of it and lift it off to reveal the key blade.
The driver's door may have a cover over the lock barrel, if it has then on the underside there will be a small cut out to put a small screwdriver in to help unclip the cover, it releases from the underside and pivots up to lift it clear of the top edge.
Once this is off use the key blade to unlock the door. You can then open the bonnet to connect a boost starter or jump leads to power the car, this should unlock the other doors and allow the engine to start.
Start with the above, let me know if I can advise further and I'll reply as soon as I'm able to.
Best wishes,
Sean.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Sean

I wasn't aware that there was a key blade inside the fob.

car unlocked and engine started first time. I will give it a good run to charge up the battery.

Thanks again.

Expert:  sean replied 2 years ago.
No problem,
best wishes,
Sean.