Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK

Hi, We have a citroen C8 HDI . the other day we drove into

Customer Question

We have a citroen C8 HDI . the other day we drove into town and parked the car, and it was fine. When we came to go home it just would not start. Turned over but would not fire up.Someone said it may be the timing belt, but that seems fine.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hopefully i can help..

Was the car in good running order before this fault?

Any Warning lights/messages appear prior or after the fault?

In what way/checks did you do to verfiy the Timing belt is ok?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
car was running fine before hand, no warning lights were on. I did give the keys to my son, that he could wait in the car while I did a quick shop.
Expert:  Robert replied 1 year ago.

Hi..there..thanks for your responce..

Ok..I see you do say the timing belt has been checked - but to check a timing belt hasnt gone or stripped teeth or possible pump need to remove the timing cover or part of it to see if the belts can of course open the oil filler cap and observe one of the camshafts and flick the engine over on the key to see if the cam turns..if it does then the belt should be fine,if it doesnt and the belt still fairly tight.then the belt stripped teeth... I see you havent mentioned trying easy start..that could be something to consider the airfilter box and spray the easy start up into the intake pipe..whilst turning over etc..if the enigne responds to the easy start - then thats pretty much a clear indication you have a fuelling issue that would need to be properly diagnosed in regards ***** ***** leaks / fuel filter issue/ delivery pressure,fuel rail.hp pressure/injectors most of which generally need to be monitored diagnostically - if the engine doesnt respond to the easy start check..then the engine timing needs to be checked or you have much more serious mechanical fault...I do hope this helps..if you require to ask or include anything further then please do so before you rate