Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi i have a nissan navar 2.5 that have been serviced by another

Customer Question

hi i have a nissan navar 2.5 that have been serviced by another work shop. they changed the fuel filter and since the car doesn t have idling. i have to keep my foot on the accelerator up 1000 rpm an than it keeps runing.
maybe there is air on the system.
any advise.
i put the computer on and no fault code
Optional Information:
Make: Nissan
Year (other): 2005-2010
Model: Navara
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like it may have developed an air leak on the fuel supply pipe from the tank to the engine. The engine has no separate lift pump and relies on the built in one in the injection pump. If a leak has developed on the fuel suction pipe then air entering the system will air lock the pump.
I'd suspect that the new filter hasn't been fitted correctly and is pulling in air

Try pumping up the fuel using the hand pump in the engine bay on the filter housing, then crack off / loosen each injector pipe in turn while cranking the engine and getting an assistant to operate the primer. This will expel air from the injection side and the engine should fire up. The problem will be cured by checking the supply pipe along its length for signs of leakage and repairing any you find.
If you daub each pipe joint with heavy grease and the issue goes away then wipe the grease away one at a time to highlight the problem joint
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

i have bought a new filter and fit it by my self. im going to try. im sending my guys to buy a new transparent pipe that im able to see if i have any air bubble inside. it doenst idle but if a rev everything goes nice

Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
Ok Patrick

let me know what you find