Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My mini just stopped and would not start. The engine would

My mini just stopped and would not start. The engine would turn over but not start. It was taken to a garage and they said it could be the ECU that was faulty, I sent it to be tested and it was found to be in perfect working order.Could you please advise the next steps I should try to investigate. Thank you in advance
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Did any waning lights come on prior to the vehicle stopping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There. Were no warning lights that came on ,it just would not start .
These vehicles have a common problem of the timing chain guide breaking and causing the timing chain to jump which results in your issue. The next step I would suggest is to have the timing chain checked.