Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Hello. I have a problem with the srs lamp. It blinking 5 times.The

Hello. I have a problem with the srs lamp. It blinking 5 times.The car is a Ford Cougar 1999.
Daniel.
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
The 5 flashes refer to the drivers steering wheel air bag circuit, has the car had any work done to it just before this happened?
If not and as you say you have checked the wiring, assuming all the connectors are tight it would suggest a fault with the airbag unit itself.
As long as you are definitely comfortable the wiring is ok then I would recommend a replacement airbag unit.
Please don't forget to accept my answer, just answer consider anything less than good as a failure and I don't get paid for my advice. You can always come back to me on this question later if you need to even after accepting the answer.
Best regards
Peter