Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My problem is the ABS warning light came on today, I have an

My problem is the ABS warning light came on today, I have an Hyundai i10 - what should I do to rectify this?
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

No the Brake pads/Discs wouldnt cause an issue like this..the ABS system is tied into the hydraulic side of the braking system to control braking etc..its takes readings from the wheel sensors fitted to the hub carrier/target rings usually on the driveshaft..sometimes abs fault can be due to dirt ingress on the sensor and thus interupts the sensor seeing the target ring..a clean or spray around the sensor end/ring with brake cleaner can sometimes work..but often the best course of action is to doagnostically test/scan the car - you'll need to find a local garage to do that for you provided they have the proper diagnostic equipment and see what exactly the ABS control module/ecu has picked up on as faulty as per stored fault codes..like i say normally its can be a simple abs sensor the most common or other could be the module itself.But certainly from here the best thing to do first is see what fault code you have.and then take it from there before even buying any parts..I do hope this helps..If you require to ask anything further then please do so before you rate