Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

Hi, I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and want to replace

I have a 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee and want to replace the factory stereo as the roaming toggle no longer works, plus I'd like something I can link my iPhone to. Can I put a double din stereo into this car, the factory radio/satnav unit is very large, so in theory there is enough space, however a search online looks quite incolnclusive. If I have to put a single din stereo in, what do I do with the large hole that would be left.
Thanks,
Guy
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Guy,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 2 years ago.
My name is ***** ***** I will assist with your question.
Yes, you can fit a dual dian radios the grand Cherokee dash, you would need a facia adaptor plate kit like the one in the link below. With this kit you will be able to install any dual din unit.
http://www.carid.com/2006-jeep-grand-cherokee-stereo-installation/american-international-stereo-dash-kit-16757730.html
If I can be of further assistance with this please don't hesitate to ask. Please remember that just answer pay us based on your rating, anything less than good is considered a failure and we don't receive credit for our answers, so I hooe I haven't failed you.
Best regards
Peter
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: 13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
Hi, just wondering if you had chance to review my answer? And if I could be of further assistance to you?
If I can be of further assistance don't hesitate to ask but please remember to rate my answer as just answer only credit us based on your rating. Anything less than good is considered a fail so I hope you can rate me and I haven't failed you.
Best regards
Peter