Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046
Car

I bought a focus convertible in July this year. so far i have

had to return it to... Show More
had to return it to the garage i bought it from half a dozen times. one for window regulator which they eventually replaced under warranty and now the car seals are leaking more now than ever. theyve had that back twice now to sort out and it still is doing and there answer is "we can look at it but its something you may have to put up with". Can I return the car? What can be done? The warranty runs out in Dec/Jan. I have a loan out on it.
Category: Car
Show Less
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
replied 2 years ago.
Hi there ,good evening to you
I have noticed this question has gone unanswered
Do you still need advice on this issue
Regards Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Yes I am still waiting for an answer.

Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician replied 2 years ago.
Hi there
Do you have your registration number or VIN. Number there so I can check any previous roof work
Where exactly is the seals leaking from ie front roof to windscreen join
Above Rear quarter window seal join
Regards Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

my reg number is ***** TWW.

It was originally leaking from the middle of the rubber where a little flap is on my drivers side, just dripping and then went on to the back behind me in the middle dripping a bit more than the front in the passenger seat. Now its dripping on the other side at the back a lot more now since having the car washed. it wasnt doing it before. the front passenger side drips a little bit but not too bad

Hi there thanks ***** have checked your warranty history of this vehicle and there is no repairs have been carried out in regards ***** ***** roof seals
I am actually one of few trained focus CC specialist in the UK so Iam very familar with your issue
The seals of the focus CC have been changed in production 3 times (3 different level seals ) since your vehicle was built so I would strongly suspect your vehicle has the first level early seals fitted as it is a 57 plate
If this is the case a full new set of roof seals must be imitated and correct roof and window adjustment carried out
This MUST only be carried out by a trained ford CC specialist to correctly resolve this issue
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are completley satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice day
Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

OK so ive been back to the garage i bought it from twice and the last time they had it for three days. they got someone to repair from the windscreen around and said that the rubber changes depending on what time of year it is, ie. expands. They said that the back behind the drivers side is only coming through because of whats coming through from the drivers window not a separate issue if that makes sense. It should of been sorted there and then but its still doing it. When we rang to say that its still doing it the garage said "it may be something that i have to put up with. My porsche did it!". I have water drips coming through every window dripping into the speakers at the back on my leather seats. is there anything i can do with regards ***** ***** garage and warranty or will they say its just wear and tear. Thank you for your help.

Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

so are you telling me the last time i took it to them so get the window seals sorted they didnt actually do anything?

Hi there iam sorry to hear your having such issues with this and your garage are Obivously not willing to assist you
The only way you will resolve this issue is to replace tje 5 seals and then correctly adjust the preload of the roof and height / position of the windows
To replace the seals and carry out full adjustments takes around 10 hours+ labour plus the price of the seals we then carry out a 2hour extensive water test to ensure NO. Leaks are present
They can't just say that's the way they are yes we had severe issues with the seaks but they are now all resolved by fitting the new level seals
I would contact your warranty company and state the water leak has been there since you and you will need to go to ford to have this done
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

ive had the car for four months. can i return it if they refuse?

Hi there
I don't really know about this side of the motor trade as this is mostly sales staff that deal with this
I know we offer a 30 day hand back but after 4 months I have no idea where you stand
Trading standards would be able to assist you further it you went down this road
Regards Brian
Customer reply replied 2 years ago.

Hello just wanted to give you an update re my situation with my Focus convertible and the seals leaking problem. Ive gone to everybody but nobody will help. Trading Standards, the company I have an HP on it, Ford. Apparently I have been told now by Ford near Eastleigh where I work they can't do this work it needs to go to an actual Ford roof specialist so I'll have to find that out where that will be too and he has quoted me between £1500 and £2000. I cant believe I'm gonna have to find that money myself.

Hi there ,
Iam sorry to hear you these issues
But the only way to resolve the issue is to have the seals done and this can only be done by a rained specialist as not all dealers have these
Regards Brian