Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Near side headlight not working, replaced the bulb. Could it

Near side headlight not working, replaced the bulb. Could it be the fuse, if so which one ?
Polo 11 plate
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The fuse operates both headlights, so if the other headlight is working than the fuse is not the issue. verify with a volt meter that there is power leading to the headlight and let me know, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have not had time today to check whether there is a feed to the headlight. The drivers side is ok. But will try tomorrow if work permits. If not it will be next Saturday before I can check anything. Sorry for delay.
Dave
No problem, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Sorted, must have been a little bit of corrosion on the terminals, cleaned them and let there be light. Thanks for the help don't think I would have tried that route. Thanks again.
Dave, a greatful customer.
No problem, thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Dipped bean working fine now, no more questions at the moment.
Thanks for the assistance.