Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I have a 2008 Seat Alhambra diesel. The rear windscreen washer

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Seat Alhambra diesel. The rear windscreen washer has stopped working although I can hear the pump going. I cannot find anything in the handbook that says that the rear washer has a separate source so I am assuming that the water comes from the same source as the front window washers.....
Category: Car
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.
Peterkmiles : Hi,
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you with your question.
On the Alhambra there is only one washer fluid bottle, both the front and rear washers run off the same on. It can be found behind the passengers front wheels arch liner. The washer pipes on the alhambras are common to split and leak so people tend to disconnect them at the washer bottle.
First thing to check is to make sure the pip is connected, if it is, then remove the pipe and activate the washers to ensure the pump is delivering fluid. If it is then the pipe must be split and replaced, a nightmare job. If it's not delivering replace the pump.
Please remember that just answer only credit us based on your rating, anything less than good and we don't get paid, I sincerely ***** ***** have helped you but come back to me if you need more information. Please don't forget to rate my answer as good or excellent.
Best regards
Peter
His did you get on? Just wondering if I could trouble you to rate my answer.
Best regards