Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Mitsibushi shogun just bought 35,000 miles ,drove hard from

Customer Question

Mitsibushi shogun just bought 35,000 miles ,drove hard from Manchester next day turned over pushed excelerator black smoke emitted,any comments please
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
Did any type of warning lights come on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No.The drive I had was at least 250 miles just after I bought it,We spoke to the previous owner who was very helpful.she said she had no problems but did drive the vehicle very easy.I have every reason to believe that ,She had it from new and on the face of it and going by the invoices looked after it.

From what you are describing the issue is one of the fuel injectors have failed and is dumping fuel in to the cylinder, what I would suggest as a first step is to have the fuel injectors balance tested.