Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Can you remove the sump on a Bentley Mulsanne S 1990 from underneath

Customer Question

Can you remove the sump on a Bentley Mulsanne S 1990 from underneath without removing the engine?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

the engine is pretty tight in there and Bentley usually say to remove the engine for a task like this but it may be possible if you lift the engine off its mounts slightly

the difficulty is getting the sump past the oil pick up pipe as its deep into the sump so you will probabaly have no issue in removing all the bolts and dropping it an inch but then going further is where it wil be difficult

its worth a go but I think the engine having to come out is the most likely option
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.
hi
do you still need help with this?