Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Why does the horn start sounding and continue to sound when

Why does the horn start sounding and continue to sound when ignition turned on in my new Skoda Yeti Elegance 1.2 TSI petrol, manual?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What causes this issue is the clock spring behind the drivers side air bag is stuck, the spring is likely not failed but only stuck. To correct this issue the air bag has to be removed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your answer. This seems to be the problem and we are working on it.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for your help Mike. This seems to be the answer and the garage are working on it. They changed the driver's airbag and thought this had sorted the problem but the horn is still going off. This is a BRAND new car! Should we ask for a replacement car or just hope the garage manage to sort the problem and hope there's nothing else wrong with the vehicle?
Honestly with this type of issue happening already with a new vehicle, in my opinion I would request a different vehicle.
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.