Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I bought a Hyundai*****Santa Fe 2.0. It's nine years

I bought a Hyundai*****Santa Fe 2.0. It's nine years old and has some hairline and more deeper scratches. Is there a wax that can be recommended to hide those scratches? Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

How deep are the scratches anyway? are they quite deep near the base primer "when you run your finger over them" or just light-surface type?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

There are loads of fine surface scratches and also some deeper scratches where I can see the white colour through and I can definately feel them when I run my finger across.

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Ok.. the best thing you can do really is to spend a good bit of time t-cutting the body panels that are effected,normally a good dry day is best to do that..to try and polish out the scratches - the deeper ones would likey take a little longer - what i would usually recommend at least is to use a car orbital polisher buffer with differant clothes and polishing pads,and run a litle slower so you can concentrate on certain areas - ones that fit to high speed angle grinders need alot practice/water added to the compound paste etc to aviod burning the paint.. id say the best scratch removers would be like - Meguiar’s Ultimate Compound / Turtle Wax ... you would also need a wax polish after which and should get rid of the scratches..depending how deep the other scratches are you may have to gently tuch them up with touch up paint..matched to the actual colour of the body as it is now and not by the paint code..normally any good automotive paint supplier will have colour swatches to get as near as possible the exsisiting paint shade..if you go by the paint code from factory it will likely stand out once you apply it the body or the scratch....Failing that then maybe ask a few local car detailers/valet companies..recommended ones and see what they charge to polish the body and get rid of the most of the scratches at least.I do hope this helps..if you require to ask anything further then please continue before you rate