Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

2004 Nissan x-trail, a normal operating temperature as soon

2004 Nissan x-trail, a normal operating temperature as soon as the accelerator pedal is depress engine stalls.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
From what you are describing this issue is consistent with a throttle issue, on this vehicle this can come from the throttle position sensor or a sticking butterfly valve inside of the throttle body.
The next step that I would suggest is a fuel induction service which will clean the entire fuel system including the throttle body.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The issue only occurs when the engine is hot. On initial start up it is ok until the engine warm up.

In that case this sounds like the throttle sensor and not the throttle body that is causing this issue.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

when the scanner is connected to the vehicle the only data being displayed is battery voltage.

Ok if the only data that is being displayed is the battery voltage this means that the ecu is not communicating with the vehicle, this will cause the throttle sensor not to detect throttle because the ecu is not telling it to.
This will be because the ecu has failed or because the ecu needs to be reset.
To reset the ecu you can disconnect the positive battery cable end and then the negative end and touch them together and then reconnect them, this will reset the ecu.
If this does not work, the ecu will need to be replaced.