Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Where should I keep my oil level up to on an RX? top level

Where should I keep my oil level up to on an RX? top level on dipstick, or not that much??
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

I asume your talking about the RX8 - if thats the case then on the dipstick as far is recall you have two lines and 3 dots - as long as the oil level when checked is just about near and not over the top line on the bottom of the dipstick you should be fine..on these engines the oil level has to be checked quite often..normally advised at every fill up of fuel..I do hope this helps..If you require to ask anything further then please do before you rate

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

great thanks. Any advice on grade of oil to use> cheers

Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..there..

Noramlly its a mineral based 5W/30 that mazda recommends - ensure where ever you get the oil from is for that engine..as you know its a rotary engine so oil type is critical - like i say normally these shouldbe checked at every fill up or even ever 1000miles as these do use oil - somewhat in the 1 litre to every 1000miles thats why you should also check it..and ensure it does have regular oil/filter changes yearly..I do hope this helps further..