Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

My 2009 Lexus is 250 is not changing up to 6th gear, I've been

Customer Question

My 2009 Lexus is 250 is not changing up to 6th gear, I've been told that this is normal when the car is cold, however I drove the car for two hours yesterday and it didn't change up to 6 th, my local Lexus dealer couldn't find anything wrong, and said it was fine, but it's clearly not, does the gearbox have a temperature sensor? Maybe this is faulty?
Andrew
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Shantal
I am happy to wait for an answer, seems like there's not many Lexus tetchy guys out there.
Andrew
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for getting back to me. We have Professionals online all the time, unfortunately they may not have the experience needed to assist you. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

Okay no codes does mean that all is in with in specs . but if the temp of the engine is slightly under the temp needed for 6th gear the transmission will not change into 6th ,

Now here is what i suggest ,fit a hotter thermostat one that opens up at a hotter engine temp, this is because the outside tempo is now a lot colder and the engine is not heating up to the need temp for 6th .

Also possible is the temp sensor is slightly off and not reaching the temp .
Cheap part worth replacing .

But 99% of the time in winter a hotter thermostat will sort out this issue .

Please get back to me if you need further assistance with this issue But please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Kind regards Greg