Mark
Mark, Technician
Experience:  Qualified City & Guilds
69494627

Hi I can't lock or lock my car with my key card I have 2 and

Customer Question

Hi I can't lock or lock my car with my key card I have 2 and they both didn't work when I tried again later on it worked. But then later on it didn't work again. The car is starting when I use it to start the car.
Category: Car
Expert:  Mark replied 2 years ago.
Mark :

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will try help you with this.

Mark :

I would suggest you first replace the batteries in each key to see if this makes a difference.

Mark :

However, it is more likely the keys are faulty.

Mark :

It is a known fault where the switch contacts on the circuit board can come loose and cause this fault.

Mark :

There are several specialists that are online that can repair these keys for you.

Mark :

You can also use the emergency key to unlock/lock the vehicle so that it is secure.

Mark :

The emergency key is used on the passenger side door handle.

JACUSTOMER-pgbsc47p- :

Hi mark I change the battery already on both of them could it be sensor on the car because iv find someone to dothe key but with it been alote of money I want to make sure its the key before I pay for something that not the problem

Mark :

A quick check to the key is to see if the led lights up when you press the buttons.

Mark :

If it doesn't light up then most likely is the switches.

Mark :

It is unlikely to be the car receiver at fault.