Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech

I have a Fuel Related Problem with my Citroen Dispatch Van.

Customer Question

I have a Fuel Related Problem with my Citroen Dispatch Van. Registration number: SA10 RKE 1200 HDI 120 LWB vin number; VF7XURHKHAZ012426 This may not be the cause, but the Van was woirking fine, untill I had the Engine compartment jet washed, then it would not start. since then the van has not been working. AA recovered the van, and a Diagnostic check said there was a Fuel Problem, this was confirmed by a small local Garage. The diagnostic code related to the Fuel Regulator. WE ordered one but it was the wrong part. It seems that MOST of these vans has a Bosch fuel pump system, but mine has a Siemens system. We could not find "Any" suppliers who would confirm that the siemens fuel regulators they had would be compatible for the Van, So I removed the regulator and seached the web for one that looked the same. I found one that was identical, but the website said it was for a Citroen C4 I ordered it anyway and it fits perfect. On test we now had fuel pressure and the code disappeared, but the Van would not start, now it says the fuel pressure is too low and pointed to the 2nd regulator at the top of the pump. We ordered one and fitted it. Now the Van started, but was erratic, made a horrible noise, and the diagnostic now said the pressure was too high at 1000psi. Now the Mechanic is stumped not knowing what to do next......Help !!!!!

PS. we also removed the fuel filter which was filthy and had a small amount of swarf like particles in it. we have fitted a new fuel filter now the van wont even start.

Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 1 year ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Well, I was not particularly impressed by not receiving "any" answer to my question or even confirmation that it was being looked in to.

So if you would like to try to restore faith in your service an answer would still be nice as the Van is still not working.