Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, Should have joined before this!!! Merry Christmas

Customer Question

Should have joined before this!!!
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and yours by the way!
Question - just come back from shopping, locked car all OK, (Jag XKR Conv. 2001) - went back out to put in garage door opened ok but cannot now close it! Window does not lower, other side Ok.
Checked catch on door not closong on pin on frame - what do you think cause please - about to contact AA need car for holiday period - January 5th go back?
Would be pleased to have your suggestions.
Kindest regards
Eddy
Category: Car
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The latch assembly on the vehicle door is either stuck in the closed position, or has failed. If the latch has just stuck you will be able to free the latch up using a flathead screwdriver, if the latch does not free up, it will need to be replaced.