Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

Mercedes ml o4 I have exhaust smoke coming into car and coming

Mercedes ml o4 I have exhaust smoke coming into car and coming from under engine cover no noise from exhaust
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

You dont mention exactly what engine you have..but the best step you can take here is to ge that engine cover off and located the source the escaping gases..id say considering you dont actually get any exhaust noise as such..but you should certainly ensure the manifold isnt cracked or leaking..id be more in regards ***** ***** the the actual EGR "exhaust gas recirculation system" on that engine..as that take a proportion of exhaust gases or exhaust gases actually flow through that and back into the intake system..for emissions purposes..so that would be the best area to check..the next area too would be around the fuel injectors body of each injector..to be sure the gas seal hasnt gone and this can allow exhaust gases to pass the seal on the injector body..you noticed this with the high amount soot carbon in the area..I do hope this helps...