Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

hi guys I own a 2003 93 aero. when I put my foot down hard

hi guys I own a 2003 93 aero. when I put my foot down hard it surges and is bogging down and feels like 1.1 fiesta and everything is passing me, when I tickle the throttle she is not bad and boost gauge is fine either way. about 6 months ago the computer was showing a fault saying traction stability control failiure when plugged in to a machine it came up throttle actuator problem very strange. as most garages they seem to not want to go near these saabs so just switched it off. things have not changed and have constant engine light on and its really doing my head in and not confident in going to another garage as they all want to do the same turn of the light. my saab is mint with 130k and full saab service history and drives like new. please please can anyone help as I love my saab many thanks. rob
Category: Car
Expert:  Matt replied 2 years ago.

this sounds like the throttle body is faulty to me

its tied in heavily to the traction control system so can register up as a traction fault

a good test is to remove the inlet trunking so you can see the throttle blade and then have your assistant slowly push open the throttle while you watch the throttle
its should move smoothly and slowly with no sudden jerks

any rough movement and it should be replaced