Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

I have a Saab 9.3 T 2006. The steering seems to get stiff every

I have a Saab 9.3 T 2006. The steering seems to get stiff every now and again, and it is creaking from the wheel when turning.
Category: Car
Expert:  Robert replied 2 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Firstly its worth double checking the Powers steering fluid . this is normally on that age electro hydraulic steering in which the power steering pump is electric and forces the fluid around to operate the steering rack..if you look down the back of the engine or ontop of the steering rack you should see a large cream container with a black screwcap/dipstick..and double check the fluids ok..the creaking could well be the issue causing the intermittent stiff steering in regards ***** ***** a seized top mount bearing or track rod end or even lower balljoint..best thing to do is to operate the steering and listen to exactly where that creakings coming from as per the locations above i just mentioned on both the front nsf/osf..so as above that best places to start making checks.if your not in the position to check those yourself,then id imagine any good local recommended garage should be able to do the same as above and hopefully track the fault down.I do hope this helps