Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

citroen picasso 1.9 diesel will not select 4th gear all other

Customer Question

citroen picasso 1.9 diesel will not select 4th gear all other gears o.k
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

Does it feel like there is something stopping it go into gear?

JACUSTOMER-063rfz25- :

yes. it will go a little way into gear and then jump out what I cant understand is all the other gears locate without any problem

Ross :

Apologies for the delay getting back to you!

Ok this will almost certainly be the selector mechanism rather than a gearbox fault as its only one gear, These selector cables have a tendency to fail. Are you planning on repairing this your self?

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.