Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

PLease can you confirm if Mazda 5 MPV sport 2.0 petrol engine

PLease can you confirm if Mazda 5 MPV sport 2.0 petrol engine has a cam /timing belt and when it needs to be changed. I have looked onn line ,some say needs changing 60 - 75000.00 miles other says it has a chain. It is 2006 version. Thank you
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

I can confirm the 2.0L Petrol engines are driven by timing chains and therefore never need replacing under normal servicing.

Only the diesel models are belt driven.

Customer:

thank you

Ross :

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.