Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

Bough a second hand car in December its began to shake when

Customer Question

Bough a second hand car in December its began to shake when driving checked out by a friend mechanic who has said it's dangerous to drive long journey injections gone diesel leaking, wrong size fan belt , hazard light not working got a tree month warranty when I bought it what can i do
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Ross :

Have you spoken to the dealership you purchased the car from yet ?

JACUSTOMER-izigk5a3- : Not yet
JACUSTOMER-izigk5a3- : Going tomorrow
Ross :

Ok, as it is under warranty, the dealer will be the first place to go. Take a list of the problems you have found and ask them to address them.

The fact its shaking sounds like a misfire, this should be covered and repaired free of charge and i suspect this is linked to the diesel leak. The hazard light switch is a legal requirement, so again this should have been working when the car was sold to you, and should be covered by warranty.
The fan belt wont be covered, and although it has the wrong belt on, as long as it is fit for purpose the garage may not agree that it is wrong however any respectable dealer should clearly see it is wrong and agree to replace it.

JACUSTOMER-izigk5a3- : Ok thanks for the advice try that
Ross :

No problem. Feel free to get back to me if you have any problems or need further advice, I'm always here to help!

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.

Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.