Greg
Greg, Technician
Experience:  Automotive diagnostic tech
29331485

What is a big brake upgrade?

What is a big brake upgrade?
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Name is***** goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back,

A big brake upgrade, is when one needs to up grade due to fitting a bigger higher HP engine .
Tuning the original engine to more than 100hp of the original hp eg, from original 150 to 250 hpor more.

The original brake rotors and brake calipers are bigger air vented,and bigger 4 - 6 piston calipers .

Please click here for a good example of big brake upgrade .

Please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rating , so i can get back to you with further assistance with this issue or offer assistance with another expert .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks Greg, that was exactly how I understood it. I was seeking independent verification as I am in a dispute with a guy who described a car having such an upgrade, but the only change is larger rotors on the front everything else is stock.

Expert:  Greg replied 2 years ago.
Hi Jas .

LOL. If the same calipers are used then this is not an upgrade but just for show.

Rgds Greg