Gallagher99
Gallagher99, Senior Vehicle Technician
Experience:  SVQ LEVEL 3, QAULIFIED FORD SENIOR TECHNICIAN , ATA REGISTERD ,12 YEARS EXPERIENCE
17855046

61reg mondeo 1.6tdci zetec hatchback, no brake lights or reversing

61reg mondeo 1.6tdci zetec hatchback, no brake lights or reversing lights, fuse alright and the brake switches have been replaced, by the way why 2 switches.
Category: Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 2 years ago.
Hi there good afternoon to you
I see this question is still unanswered
Do you still require technical assustance with this issue
Regards ***** *****
Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes, still need an answer. I have found out about the 2 switches 1 for brake lights and the other for the cruse controle, but still not found the problem.

HI there good evening to you and sorry for the delayed response
Ok I have been looking through the wiring diagram for these systems for you
The first check would be to ensure we have voltage at fuse 22 of the BCMii (fuse box under the glove box )
This is a prelim test for the brake lights
The brake light system works as follows
The brake light switch is fed by fuse 22 when you press the brake light switch it sends a 12 volt feed to the BCMii
The BCMii then processes this command and send feed to the 3 bulbs seperatley (3diffetent wires (no splices or joins ) (there is no fuses on the output to the brake lights )
If you need anymore help or advice on this issue please let me know
If you are Completely satisfied with my answer /advice
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice The reverese system works as follows
The reverse switch is supplied with an Earth from left wheel arch body and when reverse is selected the switch sends the earth to the BCMii which the processes the request and sends 2 seperate feeds out to each reverse light and there is no fuses to protect the circuit
If the systems sees ie a short circuit it will shut the relavent system down (not blow fuse like older vehicles )
Looking through the diagram the only common denominator which joins the systems is the BCMii itself / the connector at the BCMii and connector 44 (this is located in the passenfers boot area behind the carpet
The common factor is the high level brake light and right hand reverse light are at pins 9&10 of this connector so I would be inspecting this connector firstly incase we have a touch condition is corrodion causing these systems to shut down
The pins are pin 9 (yellow and grey ) high level stop lamp
Pin10 right hand reverse light (green /brown at one side and black at the other side
Remember after repairing systems the codes may need cleared in the BCMii or try cycling the ignition off for 10 seconds and then on
PLEASE RATE MY ANSWER
Kind regards ***** ***** and have a nice evening
Brian