Greg Szczygiel
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle technician and electrician currently working in reputable independent garage in UK. Fully acredited ATA diagnostic technician.
82566532

I have a 2007 gtc and the pdc is not working, only goes off

I have a 2007 gtc and the pdc is not working, only goes off when the car is stopping, not as a result of close proximity. What is the repair and cost estimate required please? There is also an alarm showing there Is a tyre pressure monitoring fault, the garage said they fixed this prior to the sale but they haven't. I just want to try and get an idea of how big a job this is going to be?
Category: Car
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have not had any response and yes I still nee an answer as soon as possible. The car is going to the garage tomorrow but I want a second opinion about the faults ( we don't live in the uk so it's hard to get impartial advice)
,
Thank you back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Thank you patience,
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 2 years ago.
,in response to your first question (PDC NOT WORKING) it is obviously false alarm from one of PDC sensors, front or rear.If you are going to give you car to the garage my suggestion would be to connect this vehicle to diagnostic scanner and try to establish connection with PDC control module.The most common issues are faulty sensors which send false signal about true distance to obstacle.Also the control module could be at fault so to summarize, connect it to diagnostic equipment to read faults or check sensor readings on live data.Sometimes faulty PDC sensors can be identified by listening to quiet audible clicking sound when car is in reverse or drive.Cost of sensors are £100 plus fitting around £80 depending on the garage, also diagnostic charge will be applied.
The second question about TPMS warning, please check tyre pressures,reset TPMS using menu options on multifunction display.
Very common issues are faulty or missing TPMS sensors located inside the tyre.The diagnostic procedure would be simmilar to PDC, connect to diagnostics and go to TPMS system to read fault codes and live data.
If faulty sensor is identified it must be coded in as they have they unique radio frequency signal identifying each wheel.
The costs are around £110 plus fitting time, tyre must be removed and refitted with great care in order to replace TPMS sensor.
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience: Vehicle technician and electrician currently working in reputable independent garage in UK. Fully acredited ATA diagnostic technician.