Ross
Ross, Diagnostic and repair technician
Experience:  Licensed diagnostic and repair technician
70583916

engine will not start every time new injectors put in mechanic

engine will not start every time new injectors put in mechanic says not enough fuel pressure to start but not sure av to use easy start most times says might need new fuel pressure sensor rail put in
Category: Car
Expert:  Ross replied 2 years ago.
Ross :

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you today. I am a licensed diagnostic and repair technician, I look forward to working with you.

Customer:

What do you think

Ross :

When you use easy start does the engine run OK once its running?

Customer:

Yes

Ross :

Ok, if the fuel pressure is too low to start I suspect this may be the high pressure fuel pump not pressurisng the fuel in the common rail to overcome the cylinder compression.

Customer:

Need a new pump then ross

Ross :

Unfortunately based on my experience with these it does point to the pump. I'm assuming as its already been looked at that a fault code scan has been carried out. Every time I see this my first thought is the rail pressure sensor because it gives a code relating to this, its not a good description of the fault given by the diagnostic system. As the injectors have been replaced it does very much point to the pump.

Customer:

So you recomend a new pump mte

Ross :

Yes.

Customer:

Thanks ross im well satisfied with yer answer mate cheers

Ross :

No problem, and good luck getting it working again! I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service. Thank you, Ross.