Greg Szczygiel
Greg Szczygiel, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Vehicle technician and electrician currently working in reputable independent garage in UK. Fully acredited ATA diagnostic technician.
82566532

Bentley continental Gt 2005 Engine warning light (emissions?).

Customer Question

Bentley continental Gt 2005
Engine warning light (emissions?). Is it safe to drive to the airport tomorrow?!
Category: Car
Expert:  Greg Szczygiel replied 2 years ago.
Greg Szczygiel :

,I'm Greg

Greg Szczygiel :

How far is the airport?

JACUSTOMER-360lexa5- : 100 miles
Greg Szczygiel :

Are you going to pick somebody up or are you are going away yourself?

JACUSTOMER-360lexa5- : I'm not sure how this is relevant. I just want to know if it's safe to drive.
Greg Szczygiel :

My answer is, it is not safe to drive with emissions light on because untill technician in the workshop will read fault memory from engine control unit nobody knows if it is critical or just minor and intermittent issue.

Greg Szczygiel :

reason why I asked about the reason of visiting the airport was I wanted to know if it would be time critical.

Greg Szczygiel :

I hope this answers your question,

Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.